Friday, January 11, 2013

Ojai: Krotona Library


My daughter Haley considers
the idea of theosophy as a course
of spiritual study for her future.
Ojai, CA -- I spent time at the Krotona Library studying my new non-religion: theosophy.   This well-stocked library, which was built in 1924 and houses rare, out-of-print books focuses on the esoteric branches of knowledge such as alchemy, astrology, and mysticism. In my opinion, the Kratona Library invented and now owns “new age.” Sometimes I would just sit in this venerable space looking out from the floor-to-ceiling picture window at the Heritage Oak tree and rose garden. In the background were rolling hills of dry, yellow grasslands framed by mountains. Through osmosis I would absorb the teachings without even cracking a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment